Use of HealthWise platform in 2023 already surpassing 2022 total, the Exeter reveals
- Use of the HealthWise service in July 2023 is almost three times higher than July 2022
- Increased uptake is being driven by remote GP services, but mental health support and physiotherapy sessions are also significantly higher than last year
The Exeter launches new, ground-breaking claims experience; in partnership with UnderwriteMe.
- The ‘first of its kind’ development will support income protection claims, before expanding to cover the provider’s life insurance policies later in 2023.
- The UnderwriteMe backed system will offer a more personalised claims experience to members and more claims decisions from the very first point of contact.
The Exeter appoints two new Independent Non-Executive Directors to its board
- Suzanne Clark and Kelvin Malayapillay join the mutual, effective from July 2023
The Exeter launches new Income Protection features to fill support gap for members starting first jobs or experiencing redundancy
- The Exeter will provide enhanced support to members starting full-time work after finishing full-time education, and therefore may lack the financial evidence to make a claim
- If a member is made redundant and is facing financial difficulties, the new redundancy premium holiday feature waives their premiums for up to three months
The Exeter’s Head of Healthcare Distribution, Karen Woodley, joins the Association of Medical Insurers and Intermediaries Executive Committee
18 May 2023 – UK protection and health insurer, The Exeter, has today announced that its Head of Healthcare Distribution, Karen Woodley, will be joining the Association of Medical Insurers and Intermediaries Executive Committee (amii).
The Exeter pays out almost £10 million in income protection claims, according to newly released 2022 data
- The Exeter paid out £9.9 million to its members in 2022, with the most common reason for claim being musculoskeletal conditions
- The average age of a claimant was just 36 years old on its Income First Product, demonstrating the importance of income protection for younger generations.
The Exeter appoints Claire Hird as its new Customer Service Director
Protection and health provider The Exeter has announced the appointment of Claire Hird as its new Customer Service Director*. Hird joined at the start of the new year and will oversee the underwriting, claims, and customer service functions.
Quality of product tops the priority list for customers when buying insurance, finds The Exeter
- Customers prioritise high quality (99%), affordability, and customer service (98%) the most when choosing insurance products
- 98% of respondents also rated companies having a strong track record of paying claims as ‘important’
- Of the sample, 1,526 (76%) said they were confident that an insurance company would pay out on their protection claim
The Exeter launches new Health+ guided option to offer lower cost healthcare alternative
Leading UK protection and health insurer The Exeter, has announced the inclusion of a new guided option to its five-star Defaqto-rated Health+ product, providing wider choice and a lower cost alternative for those looking to access private healthcare.
Over 18 million UK adults in the UK found it difficult to access NHS treatments when they needed reports The Exeter
• Over 18 million UK adults1 – equal to 61% of the working population – struggled to access NHS care in the past year
• Almost half (49%) of all UK adults were concerned about getting a same day GP or face to face appointment
• However, only 13% of UK adults have used private/remote GP services, reflecting consumer concerns about affordability and potentially a reduced awareness of private insurance products.
Protection as costs of living rise: A question of affordability and value?
It’s no secret that the costs of living in the UK are rising, with people across the country, facing growing financial uncertainty. Recently the ONS reported that 89% of adults in the UK have seen a rise in their living costs.
As people look to manage their finances, it is vital they make informed decisions when cutting back on essentials, and that includes protection insurance.
Over four in ten UK adults are worried about a loss of earnings due to personal illness, but less than one in five have income protection policies, finds new data from The Exeter
- Just 17% of UK adults have or are in the process of applying for income protection policies
- Limited product uptake comes as 43% of working age adults say they are worried about a loss of earning due to personal illness, rising to 47% in London
Paradigm Protect launch new PMI proposition to member firms
Paradigm Protect, the directly authorised protection proposition, launches new PMI proposition to member firms
Amidst the cost-of-living crisis, almost 40% of UK adults save less than £100 a month, finds new data from The Exeter
20% of those aged 45-54 and 19% of those aged 55-64 reported that they saved nothing at all, the highest proportion of any demographics
Over half (52%) of UK workers surveyed were concerned about being able to pay for food or utility bills and 44% are worried about being able to pay rent/mortgage bills.
The Exeter announces former CEO of AXA Insurance Peter Hubbard as future Chair
Leading UK protection and health insurer, The Exeter, today announced that Peter Hubbard is joining its Board as a Non-Executive Director and will be appointed Chair subject to final regulatory approval being received.
Cover interview with Isobel Langton
The Exeter’s CEO, Isobel Langton, joined COVER Magazine editor John Brazier for the second episode of The COVER Review.
The Exeter urges advisers to consider income protection as almost half of borrowers see monthly payments increase when remortgaging
“As people currently remortgaging are often taking on higher costs to free up equity, it’s important that advisers discuss wider protection options with their clients." - Jamie Page.
The Exeter pay £10.5m in income protection claims in 2021
Leading UK protection and health insurer, The Exeter, has today released its income protection claims data for 2021, showing it paid £10.5 million, an increase of 4% on the £10.1m in 2020.
The Exeter’s Chairman, Wallace Dobbin, announces retirement after 14 years on the Board
Leading UK protection and health insurer, The Exeter, today announced that its Chair, Wallace Dobbin, will be retiring from his role in June 2022 following the company’s Annual General Meeting.
The Exeter pays out rebate to health insurance members
Leading UK protection and health insurer, The Exeter, has today announced that it will be returning a total of £5.3 million to its health insurance members. The rebate will see members receive an average return of £346 per policy, equivalent to two months’ premiums (excluding insurance premium tax).