Do you like the idea of working for a leading healthcare and protection insurer?
Do you want to make a positive difference to the service and proposition we deliver to our customers? At The Exeter, we work hard to make sure we look after our customers when their health takes a turn for the worse. That means what we do is rewarding and motivating. If this sounds good to you, read on.
Careers at The Exeter
At The Exeter, we put our success quite simply down to the fact that our people do such a fantastic job.
Our people understand what our customers need, putting them first and getting our service right first time for them is vital. Our people are friendly, helpful and committed to delivering excellent service, time and time again.
We work very hard, but have a culture that is energetic, down-to-earth and professional. Find out more about our Values & Behaviours here.
We’re always on the lookout for enthusiastic, talented and motivated individuals that want to be part of our ambitious plans for the future, helping our customers protect tomorrow today.
Training and Development
The Exeter provides an environment where our people can learn, grow and reach their potential throughout their careers.
Working within the financial services industry, firms must have training and competence arrangements to ensure that customers are protected from poor practice. This may be a requirement, but, we think it’s the right thing and only thing to be doing and integrate these practices into our everyday culture.
From the first day onwards, you will learn where you as an individual fit into the bigger picture of the organisation and how you can make a difference. All employees receive an induction, some of this is classroom based and other methods of training will be e-learning courses, mentoring and on-the-job training.
Training doesn’t just stop after your induction finishes. As each employee has their own personal development plan, regular one-to-one's and Performance Conversations with their manager to help individuals to develop, progress and achieve their potential.
Competitive Salary & Benefits
We give reward and recognition to ensure that our people are valued as individuals. Below is what we can offer you:
- Benefit from a competitive salary which is regularly reviewed for the individual
- Plan for the future with our generous pension scheme
- Enjoy life and take time out with a minimum 24 days holiday plus Bank & Public Holidays
- Have peace of mind for loved ones with free Life Cover (four times salary)
- Feel protected by free Income Protection cover
- Look after your health with free Private Medical Insurance
- Benefit from an Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) to help you out when you need it
- Bargains galore with the EAP shopping discount scheme for employees
- Enjoy tax savings with our Childcare Voucher Scheme
- Get extra rewards with the Company Bonus Scheme linked to your personal & the business performance
- Keep your travel costs down with free parking on site, and really good links to motorways and public transport
- Enjoy free use of cycle racks and shower facilities
- Have fun at work with events organised by the Community & Charity Team and Social Team
- Discounts on your Dry Cleaning & Shoe Repairs, with convenient pickup and delivery from and to the office
Our office is situated on the eastern side of Exeter near major road networks. In addition, we are just 2 minutes’ walk from the nearest bus stop, and a 20 minute walk from the nearest railway station.
For those who are greener and like to take the healthy option by cycling to work you can make use of the free cycle racks, shower and storage facilities on site.
To view our current employment opportunities please click here.